Saturday, May 7, 2011

June 2011 Card Swap

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well. I've been busy as usual. I spent part of today creating cards for my very first card swap group. There are eight of us so I created eight cards. The swap is for the month of June. So, last week, we were e-mail the theme for June's swap. The theme was anything from the Summer Mini Catalog or 4th of July. Before beginning, I played around with all the stamp sets from the Summer Mini Catalog. I have several of them and I've already been playing around with them as you probably saw in the last post.

Here is my first attempt at this card.

I think it turned out alright. I love the colors and I love the layout. So, after several tests, I decided to go with this card. So, here is my set up and supplies on my desk.
Stampin' Up! June 2011 Card Swap
Card Size: Standard A2 (4.25 inches x 5.5 inches)
Theme:  
Summer Mini or 4th of July

Papers: 
Card Base - Crumb Cake Card Stock
Front - Very Vanilla Card Stock
Inside - Naturals Ivory Card Stock

Stamp Set:  
Fabulous Florets (from Summer Mini p. 22-23)

Inks:  
Sentiment - Classic Stampin' Pad - Crumb Cake
Flowers - Classic Stampin' Pad - Elegant Eggplant,
Classic Stampin' Pad - Melon Mambo,
Classic Stampin' Pad - Tangerine Tango
Leaves - Classic Stampin' Pad - Pear Pizzazz
Stampin' Write Marker - Crumb Cake

Ribbon:  
1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon - Pear Pizzazz

Accessories:  
Designer Buttons - Certainly Celery
Baker's Twine - White (from Summer Mini p. 10)

Tools:  
Color Spritzer Tool
Mini Glue Dots
nail Adhesive
Paper Snips
Big Shot
Texture Impressions - Flower Garden (from Summer Mini p. 24)
                               
Here is the finish cards. All eight of them. It was fun but kind of painful cutting out all the flowers. Thank goodness for the paper snips.

Here is a close up of the card front.

And here is the inside of the card. It looks plain but it's actually embossed with the Flower Garden Texture Impressions Embossing Folder using the Big Shot. I love how beautiful it looks.

So, what do you guys think? Was it worth it? Did it turn out okay? I like it. I think I like the original design better but this one was pretty good too! Card swaps are so much fun. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with. I'll have to take photos to show you guys when I get them. I will be sending or delivering mine hopefully by next week although they are not due until June 15. Then we will be getting everyone else's sometime towards the end of June. How exciting!

Well, that's it for now. I'll be back tomorrow to bring you more inspirations and ideas. Have a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment